DSA Live + Online
Instructional Design: Performance-Based and Results-Focused
Darryl Sink, President, Darryl L. Sink & Associates, Inc.
Author, Learning and Performance Tips Newsletter
This course is comprised of four (4) live online sessions. Here are the dates of live sessions for the next offering of this program. All sessions start at 12:00 pm Eastern Time (New York time) and last for 2 hours.
- Session One: Tuesday, November 6, 2012
- Session Two: Thursday, November 8, 2012
- Session Three: Tuesday, November 13, 2012
- Session Four: Thursday, November 15, 2012
[readmore link=”http://s1.goeshow.com/lakewood/lol/2012/instructional_design.cfm”]Register soon for the early bird discount![/readmore]
This is a LIVE and Online Session.
Who Should Participate?
Those on the front-line of designing, developing, writing, and delivering training through instructor-led, e-learning, and blended methods.
What are people saying about The Instructional Design; Performance-Based and Results-Focused Workshop?
“I wanted to thank you for making the Instructional Design class such a meaningful experience. I came to the class with very high expectations, the information and techniques you provided exceeded my expectations! I appreciate all you did to make this webinar such a valuable experience.” – Carlinne Isabella
“This course served as a ‘crash course’ in the principles and has given me skills I can immediately apply to current projects.” – Renard Spratling, E-Business Analyst, Wells Fargo
“The Instructional Design Certificate Program provided exact instruction to our organizational needs for developing and delivering content to our learners. People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care and we learned how to care for our learners by ensuring they understand our instruction.” – Jo-Ann Cuevas-Pagliaro, Campus Readiness Specialist, Stanford University
This interactive certificate uses real world, practical examples to explore each phase of the instructional design process and shows you how to apply them in your project. You’ll work on your own e-learning or instructor-led project and learn just what you need to produce a highly effective end product. We’ll examine the business and individual needs for your training program, how to accommodate adult learners, instructional strategies to meet your goals, and more. You will receive numerous job aids and examples to hit the ground running.
Bonuses! You’ll receive a 101 page participant guide containing job aids, examples, worksheets and key points to remember for you to use as you design and develop your courses. You will have the opportunity to submit your project work during the certificate program for feedback by your instructor.
You’ll work on your own e-learning or instructor-led project throughout the program and learn just what you need to produce a highly effective end product. We’ll examine the business and individual needs for your training program, determine what must be taught, could be taught and should be taught, how to accommodate adult learners, instructional strategies to meet your goals, how to write good test items and more. You will receive numerous job aids and examples to hit the ground running at the end of the program.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Develop either instructor led or e-learning modules following current approaches to using the instructional systems design (ISD) process.
- Design programs based on organizational/business/individual needs.
- Conduct a content analysis to determine what must be taught, should be taught and could be taught.
- Write and sequence learning objectives.
- Create instructional designs that accommodate adult learners.
- Select appropriate instructional strategies and activities that engage learners.
- Create tests and checklists that measure learner performance.
- Conduct try-out and revision cycles following research-based strategies.
- Develop a module of instruction of your own following the principles taught in the live & online learning sessions.
Feel free to call Darryl Sink at 800-650-7465 to ask any about the session, the project you should bring to work on, or any other questions you might have!