The Course Developer Workshop (Online)
What Is It?
The Course Developer Workshop Online will help you develop meaningful courses in less time. Dr. Paul Swan, your facilitator for the lessons, offers detailed feedback to you personally… one-on-one. The feedback can range from confirming feedback, when the assignments are right on the mark, to corrective feedback and even consulting where he shows what he would do in that situation. If you need more feedback, he will ask to schedule telephone calls to discuss the assignments to be sure that you are successful.
- Learn analysis techniques, including needs assessment, to determine meaningful, relevant content for your program tailored specifically to your target audience.
- Design and develop specific learning objectives to focus your lesson content. Use case studies, roleplays, instructional games, and work sessions to add reality and interest to your modules.
- Learn to evaluate performance based on learning objectives to improve your program.
- Test the effectiveness of your training on four different levels of evaluation: satisfaction, learning, behavior, and results.
- Use checklists to develop an implementation plan that will ease the presentation of your program and maximize your program’s opportunity to make a difference.
Who Should Take This Online Course?
- Content experts and trainers who have been given the responsibility of developing their own courses
- Course developers who want a proven strategy for developing effective instructional materials
- Training managers who want a consistent, standardized method for courses developed in their organization
- 30-days access to the Course Developer Workshop web site.
- A personal copy of the Course Developer Workshop binder, a 225-page, step-by-step guide to course development.
- Lesson feedback from an online facilitator.