Today's Tip: Looking For A Webinar & Virtual Classroom Development Process?
DSA has helped our clients to design and develop many webinar and Virtual Classroom (VC) courses and presentations for worldwide audiences.
Working in conjunction with the client's subject matter experts (SMEs), we have strived to follow solid ISD principles while working within these dynamic learning environments. Below is the 10-step process we follow when designing and developing webinar/VC programs. I hope you find it helpful.
- Defining session goals and objective(s) of each webinar /VC in terms of realistic learning outcomes correlated to the business needs and the task analysis results.
- Creating performance-based skill-building webinar /VC sessions rather than topic-based lectures.
- Writing an abbreviated design document for each webinar /VC.
- Working with SMEs to design, structure, and develop interactive illustrated webinar/VC presentations.
- Incorporating cognitive activities that engage the learner and minimize passive learner behavior and authentic activities to increase transfer.
- Refining the slide set to maximize learning.
- Writing detailed speaker notes/outline to accompany slide presentations (incorporate Q&A information and other interactions).
- Conducting learner validation and SME review to revise and refine the materials as needed before launch.
- Rehearsing the webinar/VC and providing coaching prior to live presentation including practice with the technology for the presentation.
- Attending each webinar /VC to record student questions and responses and to collect ideas for improving each subsequent presentation.
As always, where we can, we follow up to see what impact the program had on the business needs. For tips on many
other areas of learning and performance design and development, check out our tip archives at the new DSA web site, dsink.com
Until next time,
When you have a project that must be completed in record time or that requires specialized skills, DSA's project teams can provide a dedicated resource, a fresh
perspective, a broad base of experience, and an innovative approach to your project.
What's Happening at DSA?
New! Check out DSA's new website at dsink.com
Spend an exciting day with DSA's senior designer Dr. Paul Swan (and other performance improvement professionals).Paul's session is: Building Business Cases for HPT: Increase Support & Grow Budgets. Take a closer
look at the day here! (link to www.ispiutah.org.)
This course is comprised of four (4) live online sessions. All sessions start at 12:00 pm Eastern Time (New York time).
Session 1: Wednesday, November 3
Session 2: Friday, November 5
Session 3: Tuesday, November 9
Session 4: Friday, November 12
Each session is 2 hours in length. See more details and register here.
DSA's on-target hands-on workshop for content experts/subject matter experts:
a great way to learn! Take a closer look
Darryl L. Sink & Associates, Inc.
One Cielo Vista Place
Monterey, CA 93940
Voicemail: 800.650.SINK (7465)
Workshops: Jane Sink, Vice President of Marketing