The Course Developer Workshop (2 days)
What Is It?
In The Course Developer Workshop, you will learn a proven, systematic instructional development process for designing, creating, and validating modularized courses and curricula. Our instructional development process includes four important phases:
- Learn analysis techniques, including needs assessment, to determine meaningful, relevant content for your program tailored specifically to your target audience.
- Design and develop specific learning objectives to focus your lesson content. Use case studies, roleplays, instructional games, and work sessions to add reality and interest to your modules.
- Learn to evaluate performance based on learning objectives to improve your program. Test the effectiveness of your training on four different levels of evaluation: satisfaction, learning, behavior, and results.
- Use checklists to develop an implementation plan that will ease the presentation of your program and maximize your program’s opportunity to make a difference.
In addition, each participant will receive a personal copy of the 225–page Course Developer Workshop binder, which documents each topic covered and also includes job aids, a glossary, and bibliography.
Who Should Attend?
- Content experts and trainers who have been given the responsibility of developing their own courses
- Course developers who want a proven strategy for developing effective instructional materials
- Training managers who want a consistent, standardized method for courses developed in their organization